1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Is it $7K today? Or maybe $8K?


Oh my god, I have $9000 in the bank today. Holy shit! Man, oh man. What will I get today? I'm going to repeat some wishes, because honestly, there are a few things I really really want.

First on that list is to be just like Carrie Bradshaw. I have a great gaggle of girlfriends, but I need a laptop that has a battery. And a full keyboard. And built in wireless. And plays music and videos. And and and... doesn't crash. It might mean, I'm ready to try an Mac. Yeah, after over ten years as a dedicated PC person. I might be willing to try one of those strange, strange beasts that my artsy friends love so much. Considering the basics for this one is $2499, I'm going to budget $3,000 for it.

Something that I'm missing from my daydream scenarios is the perfect small writing nook. This is the place where I write with a pen and paper in the morning. Not my computer desk, but a writing desk. For this I'm gonna have to go to Levengers--a store for readers and writers. I'll grab the Saratoga Desk for just under $500.

I also need some storage help. God, I need storage help. As much as I only ever really want more bookshelves, I need help in my closets. This set up from the container store is $1,122. And another one for the coat closet is only $230. Really, that's all? Amy--you want to take care of this for me?

Okay, so I still have $4000 to spend. It's gonna have to be on a couch. Which might very well be from Restoration Hardware, except I can't get the damn page to load properly. But I'm going to budget it there. Something long enough to sleep on, cat hair repellent, red wine repellent, and make-out friendly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Guth said...

I bought a white MacBook in June and LOVE it. Great choice!

Why am I only now hearing about Levengers? Holy buckets, it is awesome.

Yes, I will happily, merrily and gleefully take care of your Container Store business. It wold be my pleasure. :-)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home