1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Wait! There's more!

I'm about to get a little personal. Bear with me.

I'm Googling "scarcity thinking" and reading a lot of good stuff. I think I am having a breakhrough of some kind today! It makes total sense to have a scarcity thinking issue when I think about the way money was demonstrated and used around me when I was a kid. First we didn't have much of it, then when we did, it was totally a fear-culture of not having enough, fueled by depression-era grandparents and their forced scarcity thinking due to painful circumstances of the times.

So, how could it not translate to my life? Hello? Clue phone, it's for Amy.

Why do I save some clothes for special occasions and resist the impulse to wear them regularaly? Because, maybe, deep down, I didn't fully trust the universe (or myself) that I'll be able to replace them, should they get damaged...?

Why do I feel terrible and get the blues when life happens and I have to spend on something unexpected (like car repairs)? Because maybe I never trusted myself to take care of difficult situations...?

Have I treated abundance like hunting or farming?

I just read this, too and wanted to share it. I loved his "What entices 'bears' to come eat my abundance?" idea, and i liked the questions at the end a lot, too. Once I think about it that way, a have a few "Abundance Sabboteurs" (haha, we could call them "ASses"...?) in my peripheral areas of life. Also, I want to try to spend today (at least) focusing only on what I DO HAVE and things I CAN DO NOW. I'll report my findings a little later.

See what I mean? And now, today feels significant, like the first day of something new. A new experiment, or maybe a new level to an existing one, if you will.

Okay, today I'm going, as I said, to focus on things I do have and creating a phyical manifestation of abundance thinking and will return to details later. I think just the fact that I feel a little vulnerable by even writing all of this tips me off that I need to pay attention and follow this idea a little. Or maybe a lot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

the post just below that one about writing is also aprospros...(can't spell)

http://evolvingtimes.com/?p=23

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home