1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I think I'll hit the road for $8000

Today I have $8000 and I think I'll take it to Israel for a month of intense Hebrew. A flight on El Al is $1700--a little more expensive than other carriers, but safer than safe.

Once there, I'll need 4 hours of hebrew lessons for 4 days a week. Then the other three I'll be traveling around my safe-again country. It is pretty hard to get a good estimate on the lessons. But my private lessons are $40/hour here. I'm going to say it costs $640/week for Hebrew and I'm going to do it for a month. $2560.

I'm also going to stay in a decent hotel. Let's be honest, that is about $100/night. So that is another $2800 on room. That leaves me $2640 to spend on weekend travel and food. Given that a wonderful lunch can be had for just a few sheckles, I think I'll be fine.

Ah... a month based in Jerusalem, studying Hebrew, traveling around Israel on three day weekends. Priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home