1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pretty Pretty Princess

The fact that I struggled to even spend $1000 today confirms my thinking that lately I've had trouble with the concept of treating myself. I've accomplished a lot of good things recently, I deserve a treat or two, but all I ever seem to do with my money is go out to eat. (okay, so a friend IS taking me to the outlet mall next weekend--let's open the prosperity and the positive money flow starting tonight!)
All of my choices today are purely around indulgence. I've chosen three different perfumes--Hanae Mori, Masaki Matsushima Chocolat, and Sud Pacifique Vanille Extreme. All perfect scents for fall...and...ahem...perfect scents to make me smell yummy for my art classes. ;) (side note: I almost bought Hanae Mori as a gift to myself when I got my current job but the guy I was dating didn't like it so I didn't. what??? f- that shit!!)
I got a wee sample of the Philosophy hair products, and when I actually use them all together my hair comes out like satin. So I'll take the shampoo, conditioner, serum, and the hair marinating oil. Age, stress, and probably medications have made my skin as dry as my hair, so I'd like to splurge on this super creamy La Mer foundation. Luscious!
Not one to leave a clean canvas blank, let's play with this collection from Laura Mercier.
I'll do a vanilla almond manicure and pedicure at ye olde favorite Spa Space, along with 90 minutes of reflexology treatment, since that's a goal on my 43 Things anyhow.
And this just for shits and giggles. Anyway, I think I could write it off on my taxes if I used it at lunch time to perk up a little. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! This morning I got an e-mail from my mom that QVC has the Philosophy hair kit on sale for a really good price! Spooky. I'm all over that.
And I think I am really going to buy the Brown Suede lip pallette from that Laura Mercier kit. Pretty!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

You ask, the universe says, "Okay, why not?"

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home