1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First Steps

In the past few days, I managed to buy an introductory book on meditation, do some research online about the different sects of Buddhism and Buddhist temples, and bookmarked one in the area that has an overnight Introductory Zen Meditation Retreat. I don't think I'll make the retreat this weekend, but I will be looking in October (FYI, they do have regular classes, but I was much more drawn to the retreat!).
In the interest of clearing clutter, I deleted my myspace account. It was full of stalkers, ex boyfriends, ex boyfriends flirting with new girlfriends, people I don't talk to anymore and general yuck. I'd rather keep in touch with my real friends the old fashioned way.
I am feeling a little ill and yucky today, but I know I am making the right steps toward getting that out of my system. Hooray. 43 Things, you will be knocked out in no time! :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Guth said...

Good for you!

Of my many strange dayjobs of housepainter, chef, personal assistant, weird, weird, weird, one that was really cool was when I was working for a clothing designer, doing the seamstress odds and ends she didn;t want to bother with. She was a tiny little old Japanese lad who would spout off all of this great wisdom and she was a stickler for organization andused to say, "No clutter, no problems" and when she would have a bad day, she would insist on scrubbing the sewing rooms within an inch of their lives, saying you could organize your problems away, that spaces were just manifestations of our heads. In fact, if I was having a bad day, she wouldn't let me work on any of the clothes, saying I'd put my troubles into the stitches! Wow!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is interesting!! It's weird--some little voice in my mind (hello, crazy much? ha) has been telling me I'm not going to find love until I make room for love. That just keeps recycling in my head, so I feel I need to make space in my head, heart, home, and life!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

Funny. Apartment Therapy, a book that Dondi lent me, has all sorts of clutter removal stuff. He suggests making an "out" pile. Put thigns there and if they live there for a month, get rid of them.

And "Ask & It Is Given" also has clutter cutting as a tool for personal growth.

I say declutterize away!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home