1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

If you had, say $2000, you might...


Now that I have the real life big ticket items out of the way, it is time to start dreaming again. I need two more deep dish pizza pans for challah baking during High Holy Days. That'll be around $40. And I'll need two bags of flour, a dozen eggs, two things of yeast, a bottle of olive oil, a bag of sugar, a box of raisins and a day off work. That's really only about $50 or so. I'll also need to go to swing by a pizza place and get pizza circles. Usually free, but takes some sweet talking.

I need to pay off my balances to my shul and to JUF, so that is about $600. Done. I also want to make a decent gift to the Torah project at my shul, so lets say the rest of the first $1000 will go there. So $310 to the Torah project. I'll buy the section where something fantastic happens to Leah in the Torah. There has to be one good line in there about her, right?

During High Holidays, I think I'll need a massage. After all that challah making, I might be stiff. I also want the viche water thingy at the spa near me. So I'm going to allocate $200 towards relaxation and rejuvination. And I think I'll hop into a rented convertible while the weather is still nice and drive down to my sister's and then over to my parents and then wind my way back north looking at fall leaves and drinking fresh apple cider.

And I'll buy some new shoes. A girl always needs new shoes, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home