1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I really struggled to get through $2,000 yesterday, so I'm going to do it again until I flows easier. It's like working the financial kinks out...

Okay, I went to this place last year in the early fall. I had a beautiful lunch on the terrace of sweet potato soup with a dallop of steamed salted cream and cheeses and breads and olives and wine and toasted pecan and balsamic salad. All his while hearing a little waterfall and watching over the railing of the terrace as fish swam in the pond below and a little bit of breeze came. (I'm always so nostalgic for northeastern fall. Ahhh...)

Anyway, I thought it was such a beautiful day that I want to go back for round two. Only, I want to stay for a weekend. In the Spa deluxe Package Both days, I'm going to have two 50-minute spa treatments, luxurious breakfast and lunches in the beautiful dining room, four-course dinner, I'll swim, hang out int he gym and sauna, do a little yoga, write, read and take in the beautiful scenery in my room with a patio. Not too shabby for $1208.

Of course, I'll need to get to Syracuse and back for this, so add another $250 for airfare.

So, with all of that rest, and about $540 to spare, I would like, what else?, shoes. $80 will get things started with these wonders, and for $27.50, these are frankly too cute to pass up. I found this dress in my scouring around, too, that is adorable and I can probably wear it once more before stashing it away for next spring ($320).. and hey, maybe I can wear the funky little yellow shoes with it?

I also, after yesterday's shopping, had to go back to 1928 jewelry for this necklace for $24 and this cute one for $45 (just what I need-- MORE flapper beads!)...

With the $40 or so left, I think a nice lunch for two is in order. Any takers for imaginary lunch? Yes? Anyone? Helllooooo?

1 Comments:

Blogger wafelenbak said...

Lunch with Amy? I'd rather slowly but surely chew off my own arm.
;) ;) ;)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home