1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Days 8 & 9

I could have actually blogged here last night, but I was suddenly having a moral dilemma. The other bloggers had fallen off, and Leah's recent entry made me start to think, and I began to feel like I was being a selfish & shallow person by spending so much time thinking about spending imaginary money. Plus life had gotten busy this week so I thought maybe I'd just as soon drop off the blog.
I'm over it. This is simply a fun experiment, and since I was enjoying my pretend shopping, I'm back.
And I'm going to The Golden Door Spa in California. With airfare, my total spending is $7910. Plus I know I will want to purchase some of their body care products so let's budget out another $500 for that.
I contemplated bringing a guest, but right now I really need some "me" time and frankly a trip like this I'd rather be left to my own devices.
Thanks to Cartier for putting your new fragrance in my magazine, because now I want the perfume & shower gel for a total of $210.
From that same magazine comes this very sweet rocking chair, which I would prefer to have in Walnut/Skydive. Yes, it is from a children's furniture site & yes, it is meant for new moms, but I like it just for me. Anyway, I'll keep it around if I ever do end up having babies. With shipping and handling that will cost me about $1560.
It's a bit weird, but for $900 Mandy Aftel will conduct a personal consultation with you and mix a fragrance up accordingly. I thought this was kinda cool & would be worth at least trying.
I'll send away for this rug from Macy's, and with shipping & handling I'm going to guesstimate the cost around $700.
Thinking about the home, I can't believe I'd held off this long from buying a 10 piece set of Calphalon cookware. Hm, suggested retail is $579. I think I'll send away and round up to $700.
I've got about $500 left from today but I'm getting really tired so unfortunately I'm going to have to pop it into a deposit for tomorrow, when I get to spend $10,000 as well...

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

You got some cool stuff today! Don't worry--Cathy and Rayne will be back. Both are back at school and super busy.

No guilt, no bad feelings. This is fun, fun fun and good for our imaginations.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home