1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Am I up to $17,000?

I think today is $17,000.

First, another recognition of the power of intention. While I haven't gotten a raise, I suddenly realized that my mortgage isn't late until 15 days after it is due. That means I can pay my first and second mortgage out of different paychecks. I was paying both out of the check I got on the 15th, which made things rough between the 15th and 30th. Now I know that I can pay one out of the 15th and one out of the 30th, pay other bills out of the 15th, pay myself a little into savings, keep my credit cards in the freezer, and now I feel like I have more money. Just by spending it on different days. I was also finally able to get a new Visa with 0% on balance transfer--which is like giving myself a loan.

So I've reorganized into a little more financial freedom since starting this project. A different relationship with money? That is what I was looking for--a partnership with money and not being a slave to my paycheck. Even with more money going out for tzedaka commitments and into the savings account, I feel better about my money.

That said.

I want a cleaning lady. There, I've said it. Jill says it is part of Jew 201, learning to have a cleaning lady. I want that lemon smell once a week and I don't want to be the one who schlepped the mop. From what I've seen, a good cleaning service is about $85/week. For a year of housekeeping that is $4350.

And I want to stop worrying about laundry. So how about laundry service? I used to do it by the pound when I lived in Wicker Park and it was only $25-30 for my whole wardrobe. But now I have some things that need dry cleaning and things that need to be kept nicer. I'm going to estimate never doing my laundry again (for a year) at $50/week. The total bill? $2600.

Why the services for things I'm more than capable of doing myself? I need to free up some time to take all those lessons I bought last week. Who can worry about laundry and mopping when there are dance lessons, hebrew lessons, cooking lessons, and dinner parties to throw?

Have I bought weekly mani/pedis yet? I think at the new place I'm going to by work it is $35 for the combo. But I don't want to go there. I want to go to the fabulous 2x10 in Andersonville. There I think the combo with a tip is close to $60 (why I've only been there twice in my city life.) So $3120 for a year of mani/pedis. Actually, I'm going to double that--not so I can go twice a week, but so I don't have to go alone every time. $6240 for mani/pedis for two for a year at two by ten.

Now I've got $3810 left. That will take care of my credit card debt and a couple months of my first mortgage. Leaving me with a carefree attitude and brain energy to focus on my lessons and improving my Hebrew. They say it can be a sexy language and I want to learn that hebrew, not the Hebrew that is described as "cutting your teeth."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home