1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

I want to get out of the office, so I'm not going to price things out right now. Here are physical things I want.

  • 24 inch stools for my kitchen bar. Seriously, I've been there well over a year and haven't bought any.
  • a comfortable sized desk. As much as I love the one I stole from Fort Lewis College (from the dumpster) it just doesn't work in 2006 like it did in 1966.
  • a new couch and chair for my living room.
  • a sex (UPDATE: I meant SIX not SEX) drawer dresser that is three and three instead of the six tall I currently have.
  • proper storage type things in both my closets.
  • lots of new pants and skirts for fall.
  • and some new shoes.
  • a new laptop.
  • a writing coach to help me edit and rewrite my book.
  • a plane ticket to Israel for my 30th birthday.
  • a boy who doesn't say totally ridiculous things that won't be repeated here.
  • a new piece of glass for my RAZR phone, not a new phone.
  • a speakerphone for my RAZR phone.
  • someone to do my dishes.
  • a manicure.

However, this list isn't to say that good things haven't happened. I was contemplating my collage this morning on the bus. There is a woman with very clear skin sitting in her underwear doing a yoga sort of thing. My skin has cleared up dramatically in the last couple weeks (thank god.)

And the gyroscope represented my book (cause the center was a star of david, although it wasn't meant to be a jewish symbol.... so it was Accidentally Jewish, like me) and I got some good feedback yesterday about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Guth said...

A "sex drawer dresser"... hmmm... ;-P

10:18 AM  
Blogger wafelenbak said...

Yeah I was wondering about that drawer too! ;)
Thanks Leah for putting that stupid Spice Girls earworm in my head. I must say, though, it's reminding me of the video game one of my friends had when we were in college--where you dressed the Spice Girls in little outfits, choreographed a dance and shot a video. It was absurdly fun, so this is a nice memory, actually, to have on repeat!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

Oh no! I meant SIX drawer dresser. SIX not sex.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home