1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sweet Sweet Solitude

It's such a simple thing to aim for. One whole weekend without plans. One whole weekend to myself.
Yet the last time it happened was when I was off my feet for a weekend, and that was more of a forced solitude than a pleasant, contemplative solitude.
I even daydream about having a whole week without plans, but considering I've not even achieved a weekend in close to a year save for that aforementioned and medically necessary one, I am going to start with baby steps.
Aside from being an important time to recharge and regenerate, I have all these wonderful things I want to think and write and think about right now and I literally don't have the mental space to squeeze them in. That makes me sad, because it means I've given over soooo much of my time to others. (No hurt feelings here!! Of COURSE when I socialize with anyone on this blog or elsewhere it's pleasurable, but I'm dying for 48 uninterrupted hours to myself.)
It's going to happen the weekend of September 9th (because that's the first weekend I actually can afford to do it). The following Wednesday I'm going to see Cat Power by myself, which I'm really pretty thrilled about, so it's a good launching point. I'm scheduling a real life appointment at SpaSpace--if my skin is not being too fussy, I'm going for the signature facial plus hot stone treatment. And I WILL ORGANIZE MY COMPUTER AND MY HOUSE!! The states of both are causing me tremendous mental stress.
Also? I am cooking for myself. I'm really a very good cook & love doing it, but I never have the time/energy to cook just for me. I can feel my body & my stress levels suffering as a result of not having good meals but for perhaps one day a week. So I'm making myself nice freezable meals that I can thaw throughout the course of the week. I'll probably be due for a Peapod delivery so I'll plan it for that Saturday morning & all my fixin's will be nice and fresh.
I want like an hour to just zone out and play video games for the hell of it.
The phones will be turned off and only checked for extreme emergencies. The e-mail, especially the work-related e-mail, STAYS DOWN ALL WEEKEND! No more checking work e-mails from a cab in the evening on my cell phone, for heaven's sake. Somewhere in there I'm going for a run or a long walk, not at the gym, but on side streets where I can feel pretty isolated & refreshed.
Ah. There. I feel better already. Now, fellow bloggers, I ask you--make me stick to it!! Check in with me just before to see if I booked myself solid as I am prone to do. Check in with me after to see if I buckled for a favor like I always do.
Thank you thank you thank you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

Oh, you know we will Miss Diane, you know we will.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Amy Guth said...

You can count on it.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home