1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

And what can I do with $3000?


Did I mention that I spent some time at the Hyde Park Art Center this week? It was really lovely. Apparently they have loads of classes and workshops that are open to the public. Let me start by getting some lessons and things. How about printmaking? I took that in Argentina and quite enjoyed it. The class is $190. Plus $18.00 for the 10 pass metra ticket to get me to and from the city.

And I'll also want some sort of nice portfolio to carry my work in and store it in. A FlexExec is $54.00. Easy enough. And why not grab some canvases and a decent amount of paints and paintbrushes while I'm there? Go crazy Leah, you have permission to spend $500 on art supplies. Hooray!

Now I'll go ahead and pay Cathy back for our trip to Puerto Vallarta this summer. That is $700 for four nights on the beach. And why not bring along two more fun friends and pay their way. Not that we need two more people in order to have fun, but it might be nice. Perhaps right before we leave, two men realize they can't stand the thought of a week without us and must join.

With the last $192, I'll pick up a new bathing suit and a few supplies for the trip. A large brimmed hat, some sun-tan lotion. You know, the odds and ends you need before you spend a week in a bathing suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home