1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Okay, okay. $2000

What can I do with $2000?
  • Pay my assessments for one whole year.
  • Get 33 fancy pants mani/pedis at the place on Michigan Ave.
  • Pay my cell phone bill for two years.
  • Buy 40 pairs of jeans.
  • Keep myself caffienated for 888 days.
  • Go to Chipotle 195 times for a steak burrito bowl, guac, and a soda.
  • Take 50 more Hebrew lessons.
  • Drink 400 Moodywaters.
  • Go on my Mexico trip three more times.
  • Pay my mortgage for 1.5 months.
  • Send 51 payments to Sallie Mae for my college loan.
  • Buy 1183 Mead notebooks.

That's an awful lot of wonderful options, isn't it? Past things on my list have included

  • linens (got 'em)
  • closet (got it)
  • iPod (check)
  • Hebrew lessons (check)

So I think I'll put this $2000 towards my 30th birthday. It is a trip to Israel, specifically to be in Jerusalem on my 30th and then to bop around. Tickets are running about $1100 right now. Totally doable and leaves me $900 to play with. I think I will treat myself to the lovliest hotel in all of J-lem. The David Citadel is $300 a night. (Holy shit!) So I'll stay there for three nights.

I'll be back tomorrow to welcome more prosperity and spend $3000 in Israel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wild Dark One said...

I don't know.. I think 400 Moody Waters would have been fun too. And you could have shared them with all of your neighbors (hint, hint).

12:19 PM  
Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

It doesn't mean we can't work towards drinking 400 Moodywaters!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home