1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Focus

There's a lot going on in my little world right now. It's 9:30 and I just finished work. I also got assigned one more new position. This is very good, because while other recruiters are not getting more positions, I am, which means (hopefully) I'll be around past the January 1 go live date.
I have a lot of things swirling around in me noggin'. I've been getting horrific headaches and jaw pain from clenching my teeth during the day. I've barely left the house for two days, save for a walk yesterday evening. And I've gotten into bad eating habits again. Not good!
So next month, two of my contracts will be up for renewal (but kind of not--my day job didn't have a definitive end so I am hoping I'll just get to keep going for awhile). AND I had another opportunity come up to make extra cash doing another consulting project on the side. I'm weighing that one, because it would give me a strong foothold if either contract falls through (especially my dayjob). Worst case scenario is that all contracts fall through and I'm unemployed again.
So #1 is to focus on keeping the dayjob. #2 is to make the right choice about taking on a third job. #3 is to take care of myself in all of this.
There's a lot of extra stuff I'd love to do right now--study French, take another art class, and so on, but it would be at the cost of my own sanity. In fact, I need to announce that I'm officially bailing on NanoWrimo, because writing a novel when your company is on the cusp of a joint venture isn't exactly great timing.
Regarding #3--I am going to the gym tomorrow while I'm downtown. I'm getting a massage this weekend. And I'm buying myself a new monitor from Dell for delivery in the coming week. I need to commit to whatever it takes to get me back on a normal sleeping/eating schedule--and that includes focusing (yet again) on exercise.
Maybe I should have Leah call me at 6:00am when she's on her way to the gym and encourage me to go for a run?
I also got a lead on a condo that I fell in love with at first sight. I've never really thought seriously about buying a condo, because I didn't like any of the ones I saw. But this one simply "fit" perfectly. And it has a lot of good, fun energy in it. So I reached out to the owner to get a feel for what he's thinking. I am scared to commit to something like that until all this work stuff resolves a little. So there's that.
Anyway, if this seems convoluted it's because my brain is rather convoluted right now, and I'm trying to straighten it out and focus on what I REALLY want.
Oh yeah, and there's a certain fella I'll be seeing soon that I hope will fall head over heels for me. How could he not? I'm adorable!
Hey, if nothing else--it felt good to write all this out. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

You want a call at 5:55 AM, you'll get a call at 5:55 AM. Ask and it is given.

And if you DO want to buy a condo--I have a great team of professionals that you can chat with.

And of course the Certain Fella is going to fall for you... how can he not?

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home