1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My very own sunroom?

A sunroom all my own would be the most wonderful thing ever! Since my husband works from home, it is a necessity to have a second bedroom in our new place that he will be able to use as an office. Being able to close the door and leave it all behind will help a lot (he is currently working at one end of our living room). But my own private reflection, meditation, sunny, soak-up-the-sun-like-a-cat room would be pure luxury. It is something I have been wanting since we first moved to Chicago.

What would I buy first? I think some nice light-weight curtains are in order (10 or so for $200) with curtain rods for $200. Then a nice desk that saves space when not in use for $1100. And a funky chair for $200 (why did I pick the lime green one? I am really not sure!). Of course I would need some pillows to lounge around on the floor with and since I can't pick between all the really cool ones here, I will just allot $400 to get a variety. Also needed for the floor is an awesome rug and rug pad. For the evenings, a cool lamp would definitely help. Leaving $100 to get the whole thing painted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

So glad I'll get to come and hang out in your Sunroom!

I do, right?

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore that desk!
And...um...I have a sunroom that is mainly being used to collect junk. Don't hate me!! I swore I would turn it into a "creative space", so perhaps you'll inspire me. :)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home