1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wonderful Things

In order to combat my cold and general low energy, I need to make a list of wonderful things.

Big Rainstorms are wonderful. Thunder is wonderful. Getting caught in storms (when it is above 60 degrees) is wonderful. Storms that begin and end suddenly are wonderful. The need to huddle together under a too-small umbrella is wonderful with the right huddler.

Spidey curled up on my pillow is wonderful. Spidey on my lap is wonderful. Spidey running like crazy from the living room window to the bathroom to the bedroom is wonderful. Spidey sitting over my shoulder under the warm lamp while I read is wonderful. Spidey trying to get the ice cubes out of my full glass of water is silly and therefore, wonderful.

Ice cubes are wonderful. Specifically, small square ice cubes that are fresh. They are easy to crunch on and last two to three glasses of water. The ice from my automatic ice maker at home is also wonderful, because it is automatic. When I use it all, I turn it on and I get more ice. It might be the best thing about my condo.

Friends are wonderful. The friends I've kept over the years are wonderful, because they've stayed with me through some serious life changes and ups and downs. My new friends from shul are wonderful because they support my avid interest in all things Jewish. My online friends are wonderful because they keep coming back to my blog and commenting. They might not be face to face, but they are just as real. My friends who are also family are wonderful--they've always known me and supported all my crazy decision.

My job is wonderful. It is flexible, I have autonomy, it is fun, I am valued, it is drama free, I am trusted, it is interesting and exciting and cutting edge. My salary is very nice and I would welcome a, hmmmm, $15,000 raise. But I am very comfortable at my current salary.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please add--while being sick is not wonderful, sick days ARE wonderful b/c you can lay around, watch crap tv, feel pitiful, and spend all day snuggled up with kitty without feeling you need to do anything else. :)
Feel better. Let us know if you need anything!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

I wish I took a sick day, but I'm at my desk. a little low energy, but generally feeling okay.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well in that case, I think you should go home early, watch crap tv, and cuddle with Spidey. ;)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home