1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nighty Night

I just wrote a post over at A Life Much Sweeter about beds...I really have not been able to think of anything else for the past 4 hours. Since I was sitting in mine reading a book, I realized my comforter has GOT TO GO. It is ugly, and itchy. It was cheap--purchased in a rush after half of my belongings were pitched by my old propery company (long story--the good news is I got a nice multi-thousand-dollar settlement out of it!).
So today I am dreaming about a new comforter. I blogged one here before but that was for an imaginary bed I purchased prior.This lovely duvet exists at Nordstrom and actually goes with my real bed and real sheets and I adore it. I'll also need this Laura Ashley down-alternative comforter.
There is just something wonderful to me about the fact these things are called "comforters."
I'd also like this little booklight for my reading in bed, this nifty pillow, and this similarly nifty blanket (blue please). In the morning, I'd like to wake up softly and gradually to this alarm clock, and towel off from my shower with these Turkish bath towels (I'll buy four in all).
Since this weather has been making my head feel all funky, I'll return to SpaSpace for an hour of Indian head massage and an hour of reflexology. And, if I need a head massage again later, I can always keep this around the house. (I may even use it on the train just to see what those cyborg-looking Blue Tooth users think!)
Ahhhh. I'm returning to my bed now, to think about fluffy non-itchy comforters and space-age head massagers...
(p.s., that all came out to $1000 with taxes & tipping!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to take the blanket back.
:(
I went back and realized it's made of wool, which I can't have.
So, I've got $150 in the bank. I'll find something else I'm sure...

8:41 AM  
Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

Come to a Marshall Field's downtown. Either Watertower or State. Seriously, the sales as they transition to Macy's are fantastic!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home