1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Overhaul!

It's amazing how, when we talk talk talk about how we are going to eat better, lose some weight, exercise, reduce stress and so forth...if we just talk and don't do, eventually our bodies will force us to stop and re-evaluate. Which is exactly what mine did. Now I have one very pissed off digestive system and a higher-than-I'd-like cholesterol level to boot.
Well, there's no time like the present to change. I have been cooking my own meals all week (granted, it's only Tuesday, but still) and making sure I only ingest low-fat, tummy-friendly foods. High-fat is a big no-no from now on, as is caffeine and fast food. Sure, I'll splurge now and again, and I'm committed to coffee on special occasions, but I am kicking a 10+ year coffee addiction and switching over to tea as the way to start my day. I've also got two big bags of potatoes (one sweet, one idaho) that I fully intend to cook up in a number of tasty ways (rosemary sweet potato pizza anyone?) or just eat baked (potato skin is high in fiber!).
This is for real, because I do not want to have the pain & discomfort I had last week ever again, and also, I'd really like for my ticker to keep on going for at least another 40 years. I think I'm going to be one hilarious old lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home