1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Newbie Taking Care of Myself

Hi all,

My name is Nneka and it's my first time on the $1000 project. I met Leah on the Steve Pavlina boards and asked her to participate. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of the group. As I go along, you'll learn a lot about me.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. When I stepped out this morning to start my walk, I found an envelope on my doorstep. The envelope was marked "Take Care of Yourself." When I opened it up there was $1000 in there.

At first I was very puzzled by the message and the cash. It seemed a bit incongruent. Then I realized that I could use that cash to do some things that I've been putting off, so here goes.

  • $100 - Tithe. I tithe on all income. It reminds me that God is my Source and that money can materilize from anywhere. This morning proved that to me.
  • $100 - Savings. I am nuturing the habit of saving 10% of all income. It wasn't always this way.
  • $150 - Get my braces off. I've had my braces on for 7 years. 5 without a visit to the dentist due to a bad experience. I'm ready to get my teeth straight. This is the first step.
  • $150 - Teeth cleaning and initial dentist visit.
  • $500 - Ticket to Miami for Christmas to visit my parents, brother, and niece and nephew.

Yes! I feel like I'm well on my way to taking good care of myself, so that I can step out and help others.

Have a great day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome! And you're off to a great start! :)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Nneka said...

Thanks gals:-) I think this is sooo cool. I'm really glad I followed the link and had the guts to ask to be a part of it.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home