1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Manifesting Your Sports Bra
Does Not Ensure an Easy Run

After taking yesterday as a certified "day off", I finally buckled down to start my running again. As an incentive, I ran by the art studio. You know, just in case.
I had a funny little reminder of the simple principles of manifesting what you want. I had no clue where my sports bra could be. I thought carefully about it, and hurrah, it was in the first drawer I checked!
The run itself was probably one of the toughest since I first ever discovered I could run, about 2 years ago. But I know from experience that it gets easier every time, so I'm not discouraged.
Since running allows for some reflection, I thought about "organizing" my goals right now. Or perhaps it's better to say I was sorting out my priorities so that I could focus my energy effectively, since it's been a bit scattered and sapped of late. Here's what I figured out are my top priorities:
1) Work - because, well, it has to be. And it looks like there are jobs to be filled on into June of 2007, so I'd like to be one of the recruiters kept around for the long haul.
2) Writing - because I've had lots of really great opportunities come up this year, and I need to keep that energy flowing.
3) Art - because it provides the release I need to accomplish everything else & keep myself balanced.
4) Running - because it will give me the energy I need to accomplish everything else.
5) Getting my driver's license back and traveling more - because I need to leave town more often for my own sanity. I'm going to go to city hall Friday and try to get this taken care of once and for all.
Not priority:
1) Socializing - it is important in terms of keeping up with my friends and maintaining that network, but going out more often just to go out is not going to help with any of the above goals.
2) Finding romance - sorry societal pressures, it is just not priority to me for the coming 6 months--at least not until I invest more time in the above. The exception, of course, would be my #1 crush should anything happen there. ;)
3) Other people's crap - well, it just isn't imporant. And I'm still letting it take up too much of my mental space. So pooey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home