1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 13, balance of $4891

I got so excited this morning, outfitting myself with music and Chanel No 5. What to do with the remaining $4891?

I was walking up Michigan Avenue today, as I will do on a lovely spring day, and looking in the windows. I think it was the Cole Haan store that had me ogling some spring jackets. On second thought (and upon checking their website) it wasn't. And the Chanel website is too annoying for me to consider it having been there.

Sigh.

But if I don't spend the money, tomorrow I'll have to spend $18,891. That is what I'm going to do. I'm going to enjoy the iPod and enjoy the Chanel, but allow myself a carryover. Tomorrow, I'll spend it all.

UPDATE: I'm totally lying. I found something. After all--where are the 1000 books going to go? I'm going to get the Hobard Double Bookcase from Restoration Hardware. No, it won't hold all the books, but it is beautiful. And a steal at $2650. I can't afford two, but I can get one. A good start. That leaves me with $2241 and I think I'll stay at Restoration. And I'll get some Pavillion Striped Taffeta Drapes. Enough for the living room and the bedroom. I think I like them and I think they will work in the house. But wouldn't drapes be better than those vertical blinds I've got?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your blog, I have been restoring my house for over two years now and it is really hard to find good restoration hardware. I have found some good information about restoration hardware at www.restoration.com/index.html hope that helps others.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home