1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

$2, 000: Decorating the bedroom

Notice I didn't say "redecorating." Decorating. Not only does my betrothed have one of the saggiest mattresses I've ever slept on, his bedroom has all the style of a college dorm room, with a twist of a weekly sublet. Bless him for all his simplicity, but I need to make some changes if I'm expected to actually sleep there on a regular basis.

* First on the list is a new mattress. I like to sleep like a skydiver, so a king size mattress is a definite. A quick internet search puts a decent new mattress and box spring at about $700, plus delivery, so $800.
* I used to think that having my bed not on the floor, but on a $40 metal frame, was a sign of class. It still is, with a bed skirt -- that is too long. But I would love a real bed, made of wood. I'm thinking of the art deco thing in a warm honey finish for about $1,000 from Lane furniture.
* Next we need a duvet cover. The one I want, if I can get it shipped to the states, is about $110, plus say $50 for shipping. So $160. My hope is that this one isn't too girly: http://www.johnlewis.com/
Home+and+Garden/Bed+Linen/Bed+Linen/Duvet+Covers/5377/Product.aspx

* That leaves $40 for painting the trim a nice fresh cream and the walls a sleepy, deep blue.

So good-night and good-bye $2,000. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah in Chicago said...

Definitely not too girly. I love the set with the big dots that have some print in them.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home