1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

For starters, an iPod.


This morning I've got $13,000 burning a whole through the bottom of my $17.99 purse. Let's see what I can get.

First things first. I still don't have an iPod. I realize that I'm a slow adopter when it comes to technology, but I'm the only person in Chicago without one. I think you get one now with your Chicago City Sticker. So I'm going totally top of the line with a 60GB iPod that holds 15,000 songs. That is only $399.00. And I'll need music on the iPod--so how about a shopping spree of music and videos.

I've heard of a service that will rip your whole CD collection. Mine isn't so much, but I'd like that done. I think it is about $150. And I think I'll spend $5,000 at iTunes to a song or two onto the iPod. That would be about 5,000 songs, right? Typically $0.99 to $1.49 a song.

I want to protect my iPod, so I'm going to get the Prada iPod case. :) My first designer tech case. It is $215 at Neiman Marcus. And as long as I'm at Neiman Marcus and in the Prada department, I might as well get a purse. How about the Antic Leather Tote for $1440.00.

Now I'm up to a total of $7204 out of $13K. Maybe there is something else at NM for me to add to my closet.

Chanel N° 5. That is what I need. But NM doesn't carry it, I guess I'll have to go to Macy's. And I want to be able to truly layer the scent, something more than the Eua de Toillette I have now.

Chanel N° 5 Parfum, 1 oz. $260.00
Chanel N° 5 Body Creme, 5.3 oz. $75.00
Chanel N° 5 Essential Bath Oils, 6.8 oz. $45.00
Chanel N° 5 Body Lotion, 6.8 oz. $45.00
Chanel N°5 Parfum Spray, $80.00

And a custom made bathroom shelf to hold all of my new Chanel goodies will be about $400.

That leaves me with a balance of $4891.00. I'll take care of that later today. For now, I'm going to rock out with my new iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home