1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Career and other goals

I have recently been reading a book about women moving their careers forward by growing up and not being a girl anymore. I am really pumped by envisioning me in a higher position. So I am wanting to start doing the following things that will help my success:
1. Dress more professionally
2. Only apologize when it is my fault
3. Spend time on projects that will help my career not just on daily tasks
4. Take credit for my accomplishments (as well as mentioning them when I feel they are being overlooked)
5. Ask my boss for feedback more regularly
6. Inform my boss instead of asking for permission for things that I am able to decide on my own
7. Demand respect from coworkers outside of my department (instead of waiting until my position warrents it)
8. Rub elbows with my boss's boss more (She is a great role model for women professionals)

It seems my life is most often marked with periods of growth in different areas that balance-out (if not contradict) each other. So along with greater assertiveness in the workplace, I also want to start being a better homemaker. I have been blessed over the last year with a place that I truely love and want to make into a home. And I want to make the time investment in taking care of my things and clothes which means breaking out the sewing machine and ironing board (and my new KitchenAid). Along with this comes the goal of strengthening my marriage by becoming more independent and seeking new friendships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home