1000 Dollar Experiment

We are joyfully creating our lives. We welcome prosperity, health, beauty, love, friendship, and all wonderful, positive things. Sometimes we play the Prosperity Game. Google it, sweetheart.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

100 Things

I am posting a 100 things over on my Bigmouth blog today. Hope this doesn't irritate, as I drone on. But, you know, I feel like, for year-end/year-beginning stuff, I need to be thorough. So, here are 100 things I want to accomplish in 2007, in no particular order. Anyone else?

1. Get my blue-typewriter tattoo.
2. Finish the last bits of my second novel.
3. Finish my third novel.
4. Write something for Ms. Magazine.
5. Sell/contribute a piece to NPR.
6. Write something for Utne magazine.
7. Buy a new desk. A great one.
8. Weight-train to the muscled point I got to in 2001.
9. Do yoga twice a week for the month of January.
10. Give myself spa time once a month in January.
11. Change the PR about my novel to be less about the readings and more about the writing.
12. Buy a tall bookcase.
13. Finish sewing my folding screen panels.
14. Finish the quilt I started and am almost finished with.
15. Give the pink kitchen painting to A. I think she'd like it.
16. Fix that one spot on my living room rug.
17. Walk around some European country (or three) alone.
18. Give myself another good piece of jewelry, this time with my birthstone. :)
19. Travel to the few states I've never been to.
20. Do a better job of observing Rosh Chodesh in February.
21. Be a bit more Shomer Shabbes in January. Just a bit. I already do okay.
22. Get the rest of the links up that I want to get up on my blog.
23. Re-vamp my website just a tiny bit every month.
24. Plot out a trip to Israel.
25. Buy a condo.
26. Attend two schmoozey events in January.
27. Clean out my address book. Update, delete, etc.
28. Add 10x more contacts into my address book in the next year. (98 contacts on 1/1/07)
29. Set my computer to auto-save onto the external hard drive regularly.
30. Patch K's raincoat.
31. Have a dress-up fancy night out with all my good girlfriends.
32. Take a belly dance class.
33. Take a tango class.
34. Take a scuba class.
35. Take an academic class just to enrich my brain.
36. Visit my gandparents.
37. Visit my parents.
38. Spend a good hedonistic weekend in Vegas with friends.
39. Raise money for my synagogue.
40. Plan a big charity fundraiser.
41. Go ice skating again.
42. Go canoeing again.
43. Go hiking again.
44. Attempt longer hair again.
45. Run another 5K.
46. Go to a police auction and buy treasures.
47. Go to estate sales and buy treasures.
48. Send an e-card every chance I get this year.
49. Take more pictures.
50. Bleach my teeth.
51. Publish my top secret memory project and promote the crap out of it.
52. Work on top secret retail project and publish it.
53. Brush up on speaking French somehow.
54. Watch every Simpsons episode in order.
55. Brush up on sign-language somehow.
56. Stick six months worth of living expenses in savings.
57. Learn to schmooze well enough that I actually look forward to cocktail-schmoozey settings.
58. Learn krav maga.
59. Finish 2007 with at least two belts earned in a martial art.
60. Use Ahava products all year.
61. Be better at keeping in touch with people.
62. Go visit my brother.
63. Earn a certificate in something-- just to say I did.
64. Win an award for something.
65. Gather all of the Dorrie books that I don't already have. (1/5: Added to Amazon wishlist)
66. Find that one children's book I loved so much but cannot remember. (1/5: Put ad on Craigslist)
67. In 2007 I will give this a fair shake: "I will trim my hair more often than I chop my hair off."
68. Get my brother to visit me.
69. Listen to live music in January.
70. Get manicures and pedicures when I need them, not when I can rationalize them.
71. Upgrade every situation.
72. Ring in the first day of the new year with a balanced checkbook, a stocked panty, money in the bank and a clean house.
73. Ring in the new year by completing 2007 stairs on my stairmaster within the first month of 2007.
74. Better organize the trunk of my car.
75. Read 24 21 more books by Rosh HaShanah (fall 2007).
76. Finish decorating bedroom.
77. Pass out 500 business cards in 2007. (1/5: Got them! All 500 are in my posession still, though.)
78. Buy a turntable and enjoy my good record collection.
79. Paint living room artwork.
80. Improve my Hebrew both modern and biblical.
81. Find out what my blood type is.
82. Get full health coverage.
83. Get a massage this month.
84. Make a perfect General Tso's tofu.
85. Read the Wall Street Journal once a week in January. (subscribed)
86. In January, read a magazine I'd otherwise never read.
87. In January, do something totally out of my comfort zone.
88. Help get B'nai Say lit mag up and running.
89. Subscribe to a word of the day again.
90. Get a loud pair of glasses just for fun.
91. Keep my good wine and good candle supply well-stocked.
92. Expect success throught January.
93. Do an act of outrageous random performance art.
94. Catch my other blogs up to current.
95. Just once, pay every bill I have ahead one month just to see what happens.
96. Go to a wine tasting.
97. Make every effort to not buy even one single generic item for the month of January to see what happens.
98. Take an impromptu daytrip.
99. Publish something on McSweeny's.
100. Write 10 consumer letters and letters to editors.

There it is. Let's see how I do. Happy New Year, everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap woman, 100 Things is a lot! :)
I loved your Bigmouth Entry. I have worlds of comments to make, and will just take down notes and send you an e-mail or tell you in person!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home